Last Updated 7/9/2021 (v3.3)
Content and Intellectual Property
Third Party Trademarks
Our network may link to or be linked from other websites that are not maintained by, or related to, SmartEquip. SmartEquip does not endorse, and is not responsible for, the content of any third-party websites.
Restrictions on Use
Content may not be copied, distributed, republished, uploaded, downloaded, posted or transmitted for commercial use or general distribution or in any other way without SmartEquip’s prior written consent, provided that:
Pages from our network may be downloaded, printed, and used by you for your own internal purposes and are not for resale.
Any downloaded, printed, reproduced or copied pages from our network must not be altered from the original Content as it appears on our network and must include the applicable copyright notice.
In using or accessing our network, you shall at all times comply with our requirements regarding prohibited uses of our network set forth below; these prohibited uses may be revised, by us, from time-to-time. From time to time, we will provide you with electronic notice, either by e-mail or Web posting on our network, of the revision or update of prohibited uses. Your continued use of our network after such posting or notice shall constitute your acceptance of the revision or update. Prohibited uses include the following:
- posting or transmitting materials, e-mail or information of any kind that is or may be unlawful, harassing, threatening or abusive, defamatory, libelous, slanderous or scandalous, obscene, pornographic, profane or otherwise objectionable;
- posting or transmitting materials, e-mail or information that may constitute an infringement upon the patents, copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets or other intellectual property rights of others;
- posting or transmitting materials constituting or encouraging conduct that would constitute a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any local, state, national or international law, including without limitation, the U.S. export control laws and regulations;
- posting or transmitting materials that would give rise to liability under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act;
- attempting to ‘hack’ root or user logins on another system, machine, or network;
- attempting to gain unauthorized access to services, materials, other accounts, computer systems or networks connected to any SmartEquip server;
- framing or utilizing framing techniques to enclose any trademark or other proprietary information (including, without limitation, any images, text or page layout);
- including any inappropriate third party advertising;
- using our network to commit fraud or engage in other misleading or deceptive activities;
- monitoring, gathering or copying any Content by using any robot, “bot,” spider, crawler, spyware, engine, device, software, extraction tool or any other non-human or automatic device, utility or manual process of any kind;
- engaging in any activities through or in connection with our network that seek to attempt to harm minors or are unlawful, offensive, obscene, threatening, harassing, abusive or that violate any right of any third party;
- attempting to circumvent the security systems of our network;
- attempting to use our network for any purposes other than those intended by SmartEquip, as determined by SmartEquip in its sole discretion;
- uploading or submitting any data or information that contains viruses or any other computer code, corrupt files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality or disrupt any software, hardware, telecommunications, networks, servers or other equipment; and
- engaging in any activity that interferes with a userâs access to our network or the proper operation of our network or impersonating any person or entity.
Content and functionality of our network may be updated or changed at any time without prior notice. In addition, if SmartEquip becomes aware that you are copying, modifying or distributing Content outside of any permitted use, SmartEquip reserves the right to revoke your access to or use of our network.
In addition to any other remedy that SmartEquip may have at law or in equity, the termination of access to and permission for use of our network, and the immediate removal of any offending material, we will investigate, to the full extent of the law, incidents where we believe there are or have been prohibited uses of our network. We will fully cooperate with law enforcement organizations and regulating bodies to provide requested information with regard to such investigations.
If you wish to use Content on our network other than for your own informational, non-commercial purposes, you must first secure written consent in order to use such Content, send a request with your proposed use to the email below or call the number below.
SmartEquip cannot guarantee that our network or its content are error-free. SmartEquip makes no representations about the technical accuracy or functionality of our network or that Content is accurate, error-free or up to date.
OUR NETWORK IS PROVIDED BY SMARTEQUIP ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. SMARTEQUIP MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD-PARTY RIGHTS OR INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF OUR NETWORK IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. SMARTEQUIP DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE INFORMATION IN OUR NETWORK IS ACCURATE, RELIABLE, UP-TO-DATE OR CORRECT, THAT OUR NETWORK WILL BE AVAILABLE AT ANY PARTICULAR TIME OR LOCATION OR THAT OUR NETWORK IS FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. CONTENT MAY INCLUDE TECHNICAL INACCURACIES OR TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS, AND SMARTEQUIP MAY MAKE CHANGES OR IMPROVEMENTS AT ANY TIME. YOU, AND NOT SMARTEQUIP, ASSUME THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING, REPAIR OR CORRECTION IN THE EVENT OF ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE ARISING FROM THE USE OF OUR NETWORK OR ITS CONTENT. SMARTEQUIP MAKES NO WARRANTIES THAT YOUR USE OF CONTENT WILL NOT INFRINGE THE RIGHTS OF OTHERS AND ASSUMES NO LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN SUCH CONTENT.
Limitation of Liability
SmartEquip makes no representation that Content is appropriate or available for use in locations outside the U.S., the U.K. or Europe. Access to our network is prohibited from countries or territories where such access is illegal or restricted. Anyone who chooses to access our network outside these countries is solely responsible for compliance with local laws. You are solely responsible for compliance with all applicable export control laws and regulations of the United States and other countries for any products and technical data you deliver or receive through our networks.
You agree that your use of our network, this Agreement and any disputes relating thereto shall be deemed to have been made under, and shall be governed by the laws of the State of New York in all respects, including but not limited to matters of construction, validity and performance, without regard to principles of conflicts of laws. You agree that by accessing or using our network, you agree and consent to the jurisdiction of the federal and state courts in the state of New York and that any litigation that may arise out of such use or access shall be tried solely by a court of competent jurisdiction in the state of New York.
You can contact us with questions or comments by e-mailing at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The term “Network(s)” refers to, individually and collectively, our
We may collect the following data from you:
- Contact information that allows us to communicate with you, such as your name, username, mailing address, telephone numbers, company name, job title, country, email address or other addresses, credit card or bank account and other information that allow us or other parties on the Networks to send you messages;
- Relationship information that helps us do business with you, such as the types of products and services that may interest you, orders you may place over the Networks, information on your company’s size, geographic locations, creditworthiness and demographics;
- Transaction information about interactions or correspondence between you and us or other companies over the Networks including purchases, sales, inquiries, customer account information, support services, details of transactions you carry out over the Networks and the fulfillment of your orders, and information about how you otherwise use the Networks,
- Details of your visits to the Networks. We may collect information about your computer or mobile device, including, where available, your IP address, operating system, browser type and the country, telephone area or location where your computer is located.
- Records that we maintain of the items you view or purchase through the Networks.
- We may also collect information for market research purposes, including your business, occupation and location, and how you are using our services, to gain a better understanding of our customers and thus provide more valuable service.
By submitting a telephone number to SmartEquip, you agree that a representative of SmartEquip can contact you at the number you provide, potentially using automated technology (including texts/SMS messaging) or a pre-recorded message. Your consent is not an obligation to receive any of our products and/or services.
To opt out of accepting cookies, you can generally set your browser to not accept cookies or to provide a pop-up notice to you when you are sent a cookie, so you can decide whether or not to accept it. Please know that deleting or disabling cookies will impact your ability to use certain features of the Networks.
DO NOT TRACK: The Networks may not recognize browser-based Do Not Track signals. However, as discussed above under “Cookies,” you may be able to modify your browser settings to block all cookies, or to block “third-party” cookies. Cookies that we set on the Networks are considered “first-party” cookies. Details on your ability to restrict or change the personal data that we may collect about you are listed below.
USAGE ANALYTICS: We use several third-party usage analytics tools including Google Analytics. More information about how Google Analytics is used by us can be found here: http://www.google.com/analytics/learn/privacy.html.
WEB BEACONS: We or our service providers may use web beacons (i.e., mall image file on a web page that can be used to collect certain information from your computer, such as an IP address, the time the content was viewed, a browser type, and the existence of cookies previously set by the same server) to track the effectiveness of third party websites that provide us with recruiting or marketing services or to gather aggregate visitor statistics and manage cookies. We would only use web beacons in accordance with applicable laws.
If you reject the cookies associated with some web beacons, you can render the web beacons unusable, although the web beacon may still record an anonymous visit from your IP address, but cookie information will not be recorded.
In some of our communications with visitors or participants, we may monitor recipient actions such as email open rates through embedded links within the messages. We collect this information to gauge interest in the Networks, and to maintain and improve it.
SOCIAL MEDIA WIDGETS AND APPLICATIONS: The Networks may include functionality to enable sharing via third party social media applications (such as the “Like” button on Facebook® and the widget on Twitter®). These social media applications may collect and use information regarding your use of the Networks. Please be aware that some of the personal data that you provide via such social media applications may be collected and used by other members of that social media application and such interactions are governed by the privacy policies of the companies that provide the application. We do not have control over, or responsibility for, those companies or their use of your information.
In addition, we may include blogs, forums, crowd-sourcing and other applications or services on the Networks or in social media (collectively “social media features”). The purpose of social media features is to facilitate the sharing of knowledge and content. Any personal data that you provide on any social media feature may be shared with other users of that social media feature (unless otherwise stated at the point of collection), over whom we may have limited or no control.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA: The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination separate from our company. It may also be processed by staff who work for us or for one of our suppliers or other participants of the Networks. Such staff may be engaged in, among other things, the provision of support services, fulfillment, and the like. If a Network is powered by us, the third-party company named in that Network may also store your personal data.
All data you provide to us is stored on servers located in the United States. If your personal data is subject to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679, your personal data is transferred to the United States.
Where we have given you, or where you have chosen, a password which enables you to access certain parts of the Networks, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share this password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Networks; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use reasonable security procedures and features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
USES MADE OF THE DATA: We use personal data held about you in the following ways:
- To, among other things, process your requests for information or orders from us or other participants of the Networks and carry out our obligations arising from any orders or contracts entered into between you and us.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you require from us or our other participants of the Networks.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
SECURITY: We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal data provided by you against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use. If a Network is powered by us, the third-party company named in that Network has your personal data and may have different or the same safeguards.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR DATA: We may disclose your personal data to any of our affiliates or any third-party company named in any Networks powered by us. We may disclose your personal data to any other third parties under certain circumstances, including:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If we, or substantially all of our assets in our company, are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about you will be among the transferred assets.
- If we engage a third party to perform certain services for us such as processing credit card payments, shipping, IT, providing customer support, managing contact information or promotions, monitoring the Networks or performing statistical analysis of our services, or services that will help us improve the quality of our services. We will provide the third party with the information needed for them to perform services for us and require in our agreement that they adhere to privacy practices that are consistent with ours.
- personal data is subject to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679, it is transferred to the United States, where our servers are located.
- Sharing your personal data, including equipment models, with manufacturers and dealers who offer products and services to users of the Networks. These manufacturers and dealers may use your personal data to contact you about their products, services, offers and events, as well as to fulfill orders and manage data related to your use of the Networks. We may transfer personal data to these manufacturers and dealers in the United States and elsewhere in the world. These entities will use your personal data to respond to your inquiries and fulfill orders.
YOUR RIGHTS: The Networks may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner Networks, advertisers and affiliates, as well the manufacturers and dealers who participant in the Networks. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites. You have the right to correct any errors in your information we have collected by contacting us at the postal address below. Requests will not be accepted by phone or email.
CHILDREN: We don’t knowingly collect or solicit any information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register an account on our Websites or become Customers. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal data from a child under age 13 without appropriate permission from their parent/legal guardian, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from a child under 13, please contact us at the postal address below provided below. Requests will not be accepted by phone or email.
PRIVACY STATEMENT TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS: As applicable to you as a user (i.e. if you are a California resident), and us as a business, effective January 1, 2020, residents of California have the following additional rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”):
a) to know what categories of personal data about you we have collected and used, including how the personal data was collected;
b) to know what categories of personal data is being sold or disclosed and if it is being sold or disclosed to third parties and a list of categories of information that are sold;
c) to opt out of the sale of your personal data;
d) to access your personal data, including the right to download or transfer personal data collected during the previous 12 months;
e) to request that your personal data be deleted; and
f) to equal service and equal price for goods or services even if you exercise your rights under the CCPA.
Here is a list of the categories of personal data we collect:
• Contact information
• Relationship/Network information
• Transaction information
• Site Usage information
• Promotional information
Here is a list of the categories of personal data that we collect that was sold and the categories of third parties to whom the personal data was sold:
• Currently, SmartEquip does not sell any information we collect.
Here is a list of the categories of personal data that we disclosed for a business purpose.
• SmartEquip may disclose any of the information collected, as stated above.
If you are a California resident and you want to exercise any of your rights as set forth above, you may make a verifiable consumer request for information about you or your minor child. Only you or a person you authorize on your behalf who is registered with the California Secretary of State may make a verifiable consumer request. You may submit a verifiable consumer request to: SmartEquip, Building 501 Merritt 7, Fifth Floor, Norwalk CT 06851. info@SmartEquip.com; or by telephone on 203-899-1800 between 9.00am and 4.30pm (Monday to Friday, excluding public holidays).
For all requests, it is helpful to put the statement “California Privacy Rights” in the body of your request, describe the nature of your request, and provide your name, street address, city, state, and zip code. In your request, you need to provide enough information that allows us to reasonably verify that you are the person that we collected information about.
FOR EUROPEAN UNION RESIDENTS
If you are located in the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, please note, as stated above, that we may transfer information, including personal information, to a country and jurisdiction that does not have the same data protection laws as your jurisdiction, including the U.S.
• We may use your personal information, including your contact information, in order to perform our responsibilities under our contract with you, including to process and fulfill your order and to send you emails to confirm your order status and shipment.
• We may use your personal information where we have a legitimate interest in doing so, including to communicate with you and to send you information by email, postal mail, telephone, or other means about our products and services and to improve and secure those products and services.
• We may process your personal information where we determine it is necessary to comply with our legal obligations.
• We may process your personal information where we receive your consent to do so. Where we rely on your consent for processing your personal information, you may withdraw that consent at any time.
If you are located in the European Union, subject to applicable exemptions and limitations, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that such personal information be erased, corrected or transferred. You may also have the right to object to our processing or your personal information or to request that we restrict certain processing.
If you are located in the European Union and you want to exercise any of your rights as set forth above, please contact us at:
SmartEquip, Building 501 Merritt 7, Fifth Floor, Norwalk CT 06851. info@SmartEquip.com; or by telephone on 203-899-1800 between 9.00am and 4.30pm (Monday to Friday, excluding public holidays).